Active and Passive Learning

I think active learning is very necessary for our learning process because usually in the school classroom, we mainly accept the knowledge content explained by the professor, which is a kind of passive learning. But active learning is more about participation, which can help us generate more of our own ideas and be more flexible. At the same time, we may also discover our own problems. Therefore, active learning will be more experiential and have a better learning effect.

In the process of trying to use H5P myself, I found it to be a very interesting website. First of all, it provides many different activity templates, most of which are very interesting and different from the types of topics I usually come into contact with. Through H5P, I can make some Game-Based Learning, which can attract the attention of learners, and it is also a good learning atmosphere. Among them, my favorite, and the one I probably use the most is Drag and Drop Tutorial, which can help learners connect pictures and knowledge points very well. For example, when I was learning the guitar, I had to memorize the names and uses of each part of the guitar by rote, and I only had a very short-term memory, and I might forget it after the exam. But if you can combine pictures and memorize them together, it will have a different effect and be more efficient. So, I also made an activity about matching the names of the various parts of the guitar. While making this activity, it was like a kind of active learning for me, learning how to make H5P, but also learning about the names of the various parts of the guitar again.